Thursday, October 3, 2013

Little Quilting to Brighten Up a Cloudy Day

As the weather turns colder we have been enjoying the open windows and fresh air. I love the evenings where we can enjoy a light quilt over our laps on the couch. This past year when my grand parents estate was settled, my mother gave me a little lap quilt she had made for my grandmother, many, many years ago.


We have several quilts to cuddle with on the couch, but this one is soft and worn from many years of use. Though we love to be warm with it, I want to retire it from use to a safer place as it is threadbare in a few places.

Today I pulled out my stash and looked through some of my Pintrest quilt photos so I could find some inspiration for a simple, quick to piece, fun to tie... quilt.

I choose this photo for inspiration...


 and went to my warm, soft homespun's for the choice. (though not as colorful... they are way more cuddly than batiks)


I now have my trusty Kenmore 158.480 out and ready to sew. Stay tuned for the finished top!

No comments:

Post a Comment